Admaston Community And Friends Events (CAFE) was formed earlier this year and kicked off in February with their first annual Bake Off. The idea behind this group is to bring the community together with fun, family friendly events. Any money raised will be given to a local charity chosen by the village. The charity for 2017 is Burton Hospitals Oncology Department who received £265 after the Bake Off afternoon; the 2018 charity will be chosen at the Christmas event
If you want to be involved or require any further details on future events please contact us via the following:
Nicola Birch – 07877 748370, Theresa Malein – 07811 127145)
The next event is a community quiz on Friday 28 April at 7.30 p.m. in Admaston Village Hall. There will be fun and games in the form of a human fruit machine and bingo, an auction of a painting from a local artist and five quiz rounds, including one for the farmers and one for the kids!
Just a reminder that from the 1 April 2017 East Staffs Borough Council will no longer accept food waste in your brown bin. Food waste should therefore be placed in your grey bin.
Top tips for keeping your home safe:
- Always keep house and car keys away from doors and windows. Store valuables and keys away out of view
- Always keep your windows and doors locked even when you are in – if you pop upstairs or in the garden make sure the rooms you are not occupying are secure
- Consider installing movement activated security lights at the front and back of your property or an alarm/CCTV system. If you have these already installed, ensure they are in good working order and are switched on
- If you have valuable tools and garden equipment in your garage or shed, make sure you keep it locked and fit an inaccessible bolt/lock to your garden gate. Consider fitting locking devices to high value bicycles
- Try to avoid storing large bulky items, like wheelie bins, near to your property as these can be used to access properties
Be vigilant and report any suspicious activity by telephoning 101, or 999 in an emergency
7 July 2017 – Ordinary General Meeting
1 September 2017 – Ordinary General Meeting
3 November 2017 – Ordinary General Meeting
5 January 2018 – Ordinary General Meeting